Le Forum d'Aquatic
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.
Le deal à ne pas rater :
Funko POP! Jumbo One Piece Kaido Dragon Form : où l’acheter ?
Voir le deal

South east queensland aquarium society collecting trip (rock pools)

2 participants

South east queensland aquarium society collecting trip (rock pools) Empty South east queensland aquarium society collecting trip (rock pools)

Message  pkc Jeu 9 Juil - 9:30

A day that should have been a complete dud,ended up being a good day,even with the bad weather,we were able to fit the visist to the pools in with out getting wet,well maybe from the knees down!

We got there one after the other from 11.00 on, Danny the club pres was first dropped off by his other half, than myself and my other half after visiting my father at Maroochydore, some more clubbies and the last was Kit.

The tide was very low, so straight away we were into checking out the area for some algae, clean up crews and fish food.

The clean up crews we find there are made up of several types of snails including limpets, yellow clawed small hermit crabs, lawn mower blennies, that type of thing.

Danny brought up an interesting point, he used to use limpets for bait while living on Stradbroke Island in days gone by, and any thing that is excellent bait is also good fish food, so I got some to give it a whirl.

The conspict in Marks marine swimming pool should like the Cunjivoe and the limpets we got, hopefully?It would be great to give such a beautiful fish a treat!

The surf was a bit full on and the water not that clear, but for keen collectors and fish food fossickers, that was no problem.

We got some nice caulerpa, coralline algae, a few lawnmower blennies a shrimp or two, Cunjivoe and some molluscs, and had lots of good fun, adventure, marine creature education and our hobby very much enhanced.

After a long low tide hunt it was time for lunch and just before it rained we headed home.

360 degree video of the spot.
South east queensland aquarium society collecting trip (rock pools) Th_rookpoolsspot

The beaches here are very nice.
South east queensland aquarium society collecting trip (rock pools) South-

Danny collecting some cnjivoe.
South east queensland aquarium society collecting trip (rock pools) Danny-

The clubbies searching for their catches.
South east queensland aquarium society collecting trip (rock pools) The-group-

A few of the lawn mower blennies seen on the day.
South east queensland aquarium society collecting trip (rock pools) Blennies-

Some algaes from the area.
South east queensland aquarium society collecting trip (rock pools) Algaes-

xenia here is quite abundant,blue and grey!
South east queensland aquarium society collecting trip (rock pools) Xenia-

A couple of pics of the beautiful rock formations at this spot.
South east queensland aquarium society collecting trip (rock pools) Cliff-over-hang-

South east queensland aquarium society collecting trip (rock pools) Cliffs-

pkc

Revenir en haut Aller en bas

South east queensland aquarium society collecting trip (rock pools) Empty Re: South east queensland aquarium society collecting trip (rock pools)

Message  philrédac Jeu 9 Juil - 17:47

Wow! What a beautiful place!

Thanks for the report. Smile
philrédac
philrédac

South east queensland aquarium society collecting trip (rock pools) Empty top spot

Message  pkc Ven 10 Juil - 1:58

Its funny,but my mum a long time ago when she was alive found that spot for us,she was amazing.
That was over 30 yars ago now and i still think of her when go there and enjoy our selves.

pkc

South east queensland aquarium society collecting trip (rock pools) Empty Re: South east queensland aquarium society collecting trip (rock pools)

Message  Contenu sponsorisé

Contenu sponsorisé